Our Board is responsible for setting the strategic objectives of Synlait and the policy framework within which business is conducted. Our Board is also responsible for monitoring the performance of the Company and the enhancement of shareholder value.
We have a Board Charter and series of Policies which are designed to ensure that we operate in a transparent, fair and ethical way serving the interests of all of our stakeholders.
Our corporate governance framework takes into consideration best practice for publicly listed companies in New Zealand, and the principles and guidelines issued by the Financial Markets Authority and NZX.
At Synlait, we are very lucky to have a truly diverse, international and experienced Board.
Our Board members are:
- Graeme Milne – Chairman, Independent Director
- John Penno – Managing Director and CEO
- Bill Roest – Chair of the Audit and Risk Committee, Independent Director
- Sam Knowles – Independent Director
- Hon Ruth Richardson – Chair of the Remuneration and Governance Committee, Bright Dairy appointed New Zealand Director
- Ke Li – Bright Dairy appointed Director
- Qikai Lu – Bright Dairy appointed Director
- Sihang Yang – Bright Dairy appointed Director
We have two standing Committees appointed by the Board, which are governed by the Charters below:
Audit and Risk Committee
Remuneration and Governance Committee
The following Charters and Policies have been adopted to ensure we have an optimal framework in place.
- Securities Trading Policy
- Continuous Disclosure Policy and Guidelines
- Related Party Transactions Policy
- Strategic Remuneration Policy
- Synlait Standards